Thursday, August 16, 2012

My Life Part 2: The Happy Part


I was officially adopted by my forever-family on March 3, 2012.  By that time, I had gotten to know my family very well.  They all helped take care of me while I was recovering from my surgery.  I definitely needed extra love and sympathy!



I know I mentioned how thankful I am to my foster mom, Kirstin, that she picked this family for me, but I want to make sure she knows what a great choice she made because I just LOVE all of these kids (there're 4 of them!) and my mom and dad!  Plus, I have the great pleasure of becoming a best friend to my family's other dog, Maggie!
We are sunbeam snuggle buddies, can you tell?!  My family fondly remembers their first dog, Annie, that was a part of their life for 15 years.
Ever since they had to say good-bye to Annie in May 2010, Maggie has been really lonely. She also slowly went blind and was getting really clingy.  I'm so glad that I came along when I did!  We have both helped each other!  Because she can hear, she alerts me when really important things are happening like Treat Time or Feeding Time or Someone's At The Door!  And I help her by cuddling with her in every sunbeam we can find and being the companion she needs.  Sometimes she likes to play tug-o-war with her rope, but most of the time she likes to just sleep, which is just fine with me!

My mom worked really hard to get the yellow stains out of my fur from my past life.  She didn't like the reminder of what I had been through, but honestly, I was so happy in my new home, I quickly forgot! I did have some bad dreams at night at first but because I get to sleep with my mom and dad, they would just wake me up and give me some extra hugs.  Now I just dream about chewing on a new rawhide bone or playing tag with one of the kids.  Did I mention how much I love it here?!!



5 comments:

  1. Awww... I can't wait to hear more about your adventures Gilbert! And you are one lucky fella to be a part of that wonderful family!

    (Brandie, one of your mom's online friends)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you liked reading about me, Brandie!

      Delete
  2. I'm sooooo happy that you've found your forever home with this beautiful family.....it sure looks like there's lots of Love all the way around. Keep blogging 'cause I sure like hearing about all your new adventures!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yeah....did I mention we have a dog who has special needs too?? He's diabetic and takes shots every day....I bet he could use a sunbeam buddy too!

      Delete
    2. Dear Stacy, I DO love my family and I'm so glad to hear that you're giving special care to your four-legged friend too! Thanks for reading my blog!

      Delete