I am happy to announce that I have a new friend! My family just adopted her on October 25th and her name is Petula. She's a 5 year old French Bulldog. Isn't she pretty? Don't you love her name?!
She just came home with us last night, and though she's recovering from mouth surgery. she's acting like she's part of the family already! And I must say, she outshines me in her potty training prowess. When I was new here I had lots of accidents. Lots. But she hasn't had one! And she loves my kids (I'm getting used to sharing their attention).
Look what we did today--wrestle! I have a wrestling buddy! She has already learned how to out-maneuver me, even though she's smaller than me (and don't tell her I said so, but sometimes I play really gently so she can win).
My mom said that though no dog can take the place of our sweet Maggie, Tula has quickly stolen our hearts and is helping to heal our sadness at losing our friend. She even sniffs and grunts like Maggie did which makes us smile.
I know our friendship has just begun and I'm so excited to show Tula all of my favorite spots, walking trails and toys and go on lots of adventures with her! Of course I'll share all about them on my blog too! I'm also so thankful to my foster mom, Tricia, for picking my family to be Tula's forever home! We are all so in love with her and I want Tricia to know that she is doing fantastic and adjusting so well ( I even let her snuggle with my mom on the couch for a little nap today. She tucked herself right in under my mom's chin!).
| The end of Petula's first whole day in her new home! |
I'll leave you with a few pictures from her Adoption Day (thanks to Tricia from Patricia Anderson Photography for sharing them!):






She is adorable ~ Congrats!! I love Frenchies!!
ReplyDeleteI know! We think she's pretty cute too!
DeleteAww, love the look on her face in the second to last pic. She is smiling! :)
ReplyDeleteShe is rivaling me in her begging skills!
DeleteLuLu has no idea what a great family she has for her forever home...YET!
ReplyDeleteI think she's getting a taste of what fun it will be! She's definitely wearing me out with her playfulness!
DeleteHa! Look at her upside down! She has no reservations, huh?! Awesome!
ReplyDeleteYea, she was still sleepy from her mouth surgery that day but even so, she's a pretty mellow dog and great with all of my kids!
Delete