Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Howl-een Safety Tips and Petula Update






Happy Howl-een, Everybody!  I'm especially happy because it's supposed to be rainy and cold which means I won't be tortured into any ridiculous costume and paraded around the neighborhood! Yippee!

I do want to share with you one quick but super important warning.  My dad said that so far only one of his patients has accidentally experienced a chocolate poisoning this holiday season. But that is still one too many!  Chocolate, especially Baker's chocolate and dark chocolate candy is very poisonous to dogs and cats.  Cats don't normally eat chocolate, though, because they can't taste the sweetness.  Dogs are the ones that get themselves into trouble more often.

The theobromine in chocolate comes in different concentrations and so it's best to always check with your veterinarian or the Animal Poison Control Center with the kind of chocolate and amount consumed if your dog or cat ever gets in to any.  At lower doses, dogs will experience diarrhea, but at higher doses of theobromine, they can experience heart arrhythmias and even death.  Chocolate and chocolate candy is nothing to mess with so please take extra precautions in your home to protect your pets this Howl-een!

Also, I just have to add that we've had Petula for 7 whole days now and she is doing great!  She got to meet my Nana who loved to her to pieces instantly!  Since her mouth is healing more now from her surgery, she's starting to get more playful with toys. 

                                                       Should I join in or shouldn't I?

                                                         Why not?  Hey, this is fun!

                                    It's so nice to have a napping friend after a hard day's work!





Have a safe and fun Howl-een, Everybody!





1 comment:

  1. Gilbert, I miss you! I hope you and Petula are having a fabulous fun Michigan winter!

    ReplyDelete