Thursday, October 11, 2012

Craig's List, Costumes & Leaves

http://www.flickr.com/people/sbh--Steve-H

 So, there's this strange celebration called Howl-een that my kids keep talking about.  I'm not sure what it is, but I guess dogs have to participate and perhaps howl at night??  I think I should start practicing!  Since I'm deaf, I don't make much noise usually!

Anyways, I've caught snippets of a conspiracy being concocted behind my back which includes dressing me up to make me look like a skeleton or a bat (because of my bat ears--haha. I'm not amused.).  I shall keep you updated on this strange and secret mission my family is on to make me look ridiculous.

Speaking of strange things, the first 18 months of my life I grew up in a cage and was quite unaware of the great outdoors.  Now I get to go for regular walks, but something funny is happening lately.  The leaves are actually coming off the trees!  What in the world??!!  Today was really windy and every time a leaf blew by I was like, "What's that?!" and "Whoa, there's another one!", jerking my head and looking every which way.  I must say, Boy Child #2 and my mom thought I was pretty funny.

Lastly, I think it's important that I share with you this conversation that I overheard between my mom and dad.  My dad came home from work recently and said that a client brought in a new puppy.  She thought she was getting this:  
 
Chihuahua
When what she really ended up buying is this:
Pitbull
Now, don't get me wrong, there's nothing wrong with Pitbulls. My dad loves them and said some of his sweetest patients that come to see him are Pitbulls.  But when you think you're buying a wee little Taco Bell dog and you end up with a gigantic Pitbull, that comes as quite a shock!

How did that happen, you ask?  Here's the story: The client made the mistake of buying a dog off of Craig's List.  The "breeder", if you can call him that, told the woman that she was getting an 11 month old Chihuahua.  The puppy was 15 lbs, so the client thought that was pretty accurate.  But when my dad examined the puppy and looked at his teeth, body build and characteristics, he found that it was an 11 week old Pitbull puppy!

Please, if you're considering adding a four-legged friend to your family, consider first the animals that are sitting in shelters and in foster care anxiously awaiting homes!  If you're looking for a pure bred dog, most breeds have their own rescue organizations too.  That's how my mom and dad found me--through the French Bulldog Rescue Network!  And don't hesitate to call my dad's clinic and ask for advice too.  Everyone there is knowledgeable about different breeds and the pros and cons of each.  They'd love to help you!

2 comments:

  1. Holy cow, trick or treat, indeed! Some things you just shouldn't buy off Craig's List.

    ReplyDelete