Wednesday, September 5, 2012
Back-To-School Blues
According to most parents, it's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year! But for me and lots of other pets, it's a big adjustment when the kids go back to school. Luckily, BC2 (Boy Child 2) only goes to school half days so I still have my little buddy to play with. But still, life is much quieter now and I'm still getting used to that.
I do admit, I had a little "accident" in the house. I know, I was acting out and I shouldn't have, but I didn't know how else to express myself! I thought I'd help other pets with some tips to get through this busy back-to-school season.
First, make sure you have a good supply of toys and if you can talk your owners into stuffing some treats into a few Kongs, that would be a great way to keep yourself occupied and happy for a while!
Secondly, ask your owner for more attention like a game of hide and seek, a walk, or if you're a cat, some feather-chasing would probably be fun.
Finally, please try not to annoy your family by having potty accidents (like I did), or digging up the yard, or scratching furniture or howling and bothering the neighbors! Let them know that you are sad and miss your kids and that you need extra attention (and maybe a treat when they leave), but don't go overboard on the sympathy factor!
I hope that helps and that everyone has a great school year!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Thanks for the tips, Gilbert! I never would have thought of this problem . . . it's probably a good thing I don't have a dog.
ReplyDeleteYou're welcome! And if you ever want to adopt a dog, just ask me! I'm full of helpful ideas. :-)
ReplyDelete